<VV>: Fan bearing baffled no more & leakdown test.

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Oct 13 00:06:18 EDT 2006

Hokay, everything cleaned up nicely so reassembled and after ten minutes
lifters quieted down and everything seems right with world.

Installed new W8ACs though seemed a bit strained to open to .040" but with
PII and Flame II it seemed about right (should be able to fire .060"). Now
idling for extended periods at 600N/450D so something is right.

Tried to figure out cylinder leakdown tester I got a deal
on  (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94190
) - am a sucker for oddball tools when on a good sale. Problem was the
booklet was almost useless (at one point it said to go to a
professional)  so going to ask if I did right:

Connect to compressor. Open valve until leakdown guage reads 0 (was about
20 psi on main guage) lock valve. Screw adapter into plug with cyl at TDC
on power stroke. Connect stub to gauge. Read leakdown value. Seemed to be
only process that made sense.

Also said to check warmed up but with plugs out and carbs off this was
difficult. All cylinders read in 60-70% (yellow - moderate) range. Is this
the right way ?

Padgett