<VV>: Fan bearing baffled no more & leakdown test.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Oct 14 09:15:01 EDT 2006

I've finished making a leakdown tester using a couple of regular
gauges, so my process would be a little different.  The idea is to get
100 psi of pressure on the supply side, then whatever you have on the
engine side is the percentage.

Now, a cold Corvair engine may well have some cylinder warping, so I'm
not sure how good the test will be.  It should show up anything really
major - I'm going to use it (for the first time) to check out the 110
that smokes heavily.  Ideally you'd do the test on a warm engine.

--Bryan