<VV> Corvair Mechanics in Pennsylvania

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Oct 14 18:34:55 EDT 2006

VVers:

I need to drive from Rhode Island to York, Pa next week (about 420
miles).  Weather permitting -- think Buffalo -- I'm considering taking
my '65 convertible for one last top-down drive for the season.

I'm aware of Corvair mechanics in Massachusetts and Long Island, so I
can get down to NYC ok.  Unfortunately, west of the NYC area, I can't
think of another Corvair repair shop until I get near the Corvair Ranch
at Gettysburg, Pa.  I can handle roadside replacements, but in the event
of something serious that can't be replaced on the spot, I'd like to be
able to have it towed to someone who knows his ass from third base when
it comes to Corvairs.  I have the Gold AAA plan that gives you up to 100
miles free on a tow.

Does anyone have a list of Corvair mechanics between say, NYC and
Harrisburg, PA?  I'll be driving along I-78 and I-81.  The CORSA website
lists fewer and fewer each year.

Also, I'll be traveling with a toolkit and all the usual
Corvair-specific parts -- fuel pump, coil, points, condensor, fanbelt,
oil filter, extra oil.  Am I missing any?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steven "hoping it doesn't snow" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4