<VV> WD-40 again - long - no Corvair

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 14 22:55:42 EDT 2006

Hi Grant,

Reminds me of the recipe for Waxoyl, the rust preventative sprayed on the
inside of alot of British cars.  When I had the rust in the front corners of
my van repair years ago, they sprayed the stuff on the inside.  It's a
mixture of Turpentine, candle wax/bee's wax and lite oil.  Recipes can be
found on the internet for the stuff.  Here's one I found:

>2 1/2 quarts turpentine
>12 oz. beeswax / candle wax
>1 quart light machine oil
>
>With a cheese shredder, cut the wax into the turpentine, stir until the wax
has dissolved, (takes a long time; you can use very low heat (a warm room)
to aid but be careful) >and thin with the machine oil to a brushable /
sprayable consistency. Apply liberally. You can use a hand spray bottle to
get into closed-off sections if you have a small hole

For about 6 months, on warm days, it would run out the drain holes at the
bottom of the doors.  No more rust and it has been about 10 years since the
repair.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!