<VV> Re: [FC] Door Latch

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Oct 16 01:05:20 EDT 2006

So far as I know,no one has ever found a replacement spring.  However, I've
found that when the latch behaves like that, it's due to low spring tension,
not a broken spring.  Using a small pliers, wind the spring a lot tighter so
that it relaxes with some residual torque on the latch wheel.  The latch
will then operate OK, or at least mine did.
RonH