<VV> Park Brake Cable Installation

John Headley john.headley at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 23:15:57 EDT 2006

Hello all,

Working on my 64 monza (110 4spd) to fix some items.  Got my replacement master cylinder installed today with no issues.  Now my brake pedal stays up during a traffic light!  Good stuff.

I got inspired and got started on my park brake cable swap.  My previous one snapped and wasn't doing much.  I have it all apart, but I have a question on getting it back together.  It looks as if I might have to remove the pulley on the steering column in order to route the cable.  Is this true?  That thing looks like a nightmare to get out of there and worse to reinstall.  Is this the only way?  I couldn't find any way to force that cable in there, so I think that's what I'm in for.  The manual says to replace the upper toe board pulley, but I'd interpret that as the other one at the upper end of the tunnel hole.  That one was easy to get the cable through, so I don't see why you'd remove it.  Any tips from someone who's been there before are welcome.

Thanks!

John Headley
64 monza convert
Torrance, CA