<VV> Dash Pad gluing

Rusty Rose vairboy2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 11:05:02 EDT 2006

My first time at this, I got the bright idea to use
Liquid Nails to give me more time to get things
"moved" into place.  The out-gassing (an unknown
phenomenon to me at the time) of this product bubbled
up under the dash pad in short order.

Unfortunately, this is not a good shortcut!  I used
the supplied contact cement on the replacement dash
pad.  Either way, it is a tough job if you are a
first-timer.

Rusty Rose

-- Doug Mackintosh wrote:

  Just finished installing a new padded dash in my
daughter's '64 Spyder.
<snip>
  Who knows how to do the gluing step correctly so it
actually goes down 1 time, and in the right place?

  Thanks
-- Doug Mackintosh