<VV> Carb Sync and Linkage Adjusting

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 20:36:28 EDT 2006

If anybody that will be attending the Charlotte Event
happens to be exceptional at carb syncing and linkage
adjustments, I would be happy to pay someone to help
me out, or show me, I'll pay either way.
My problem is my idle seems normal at startup, but
after I take her out for a 20 minute run, my idle is
0ver 1100 rpm's at a stand still, in neutral. I can
pull the linkage-rod toward the back of the car, and
she will idle back down, unless I let go, then she
idles back up.
I am thinking the problem is in the linkage adjustment
or the carbs may need a final sync to get perfect???
(Not sure, that is why I am willing to pay someone who
knows.)
Anyhow, I am for sure that a good adjustment could add
3 to 6 mpg's to my fuel economy, and seeing how I am a
soft driver, that is much wanted economy.
She is so close I do not want to adjust without
somebody on hand who knows more than I.
I will be driving a 67 med.blue convertible w/white
top, if anyone can help get her right, I will make
sure and bring my wallet.
Many Thanks And All The Best Regards,
Danny Barber
67 Vert named Wilma
110/PG A/C, Slightly Loaded.
Or, is it the driver that is slightly loaded????