<VV> Carb Sync and Linkage Adjusting / Tech session

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 18 00:27:36 EDT 2006

Now here is a new Corvair who needs assistance and who is more than willing
to pay a fee. That alone is reason enough that he should be helped and NOT
charged when he attends the Charlotte show. This is tech session material
and an impromptu session can hopefully solve the carb problem and maybe
teach a few old members something in the process. Let's make sure that Danny
is helped and no fees are involved. We need new members and Danny is
a rookie :-)

Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 08:36 PM 10/17/2006, you wrote:
>If anybody that will be attending the Charlotte Event
>happens to be exceptional at carb syncing and linkage
>adjustments, I would be happy to pay someone to help
>me out, or show me, I'll pay either way.
>My problem is my idle seems normal at startup, but
>after I take her out for a 20 minute run, my idle is
>0ver 1100 rpm's at a stand still, in neutral. I can
>pull the linkage-rod toward the back of the car, and
>she will idle back down, unless I let go, then she
>idles back up.
>I am thinking the problem is in the linkage adjustment
>or the carbs may need a final sync to get perfect???
>(Not sure, that is why I am willing to pay someone who
>knows.)
>Anyhow, I am for sure that a good adjustment could add
>3 to 6 mpg's to my fuel economy, and seeing how I am a
>soft driver, that is much wanted economy.
>She is so close I do not want to adjust without
>somebody on hand who knows more than I.
>I will be driving a 67 med.blue convertible w/white
>top, if anyone can help get her right, I will make
>sure and bring my wallet.
>Many Thanks And All The Best Regards,
>Danny Barber
>67 Vert named Wilma
>110/PG A/C, Slightly Loaded.
>Or, is it the driver that is slightly loaded????

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD