<VV> '65 Turbo oil smoke in abundance

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Wed Oct 18 09:03:36 EDT 2006

Best diagnostic tool is a friend with a good turbo.  There are other
factors that may cause blue smoke.  Trust me, I know!

Jim Duane
'66 Corsa 180 CVT

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Chris Hames
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 4:17 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> '65 Turbo oil smoke in abundance

Hi All,

I just got back from two months overseas, and went to start up my '65
corsa turbo after checking oil levels and the car was running a
little rough for the first few minutes, but then it began to run
excellent, and then finally when it was just about warm and running
very smooth, blue smoke started to billow out from the exhaust pipe,
but with no change in the cadence of the engine.  I immediately shut
it off, and I really don't know where to start looking for the
location of the problem.  Any ideas?  I was thinking that since the
engine didn't change sound or lose RPM's that it might be centered
around the turbo, perhaps a seal went up there and oil is going into
the engine at that point?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Chris
are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/