<VV> Re: Carb Sync and Linkage Adjusting

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 09:13:37 EDT 2006

Sounds to me like the linkage is hanging up on
something. Check the
linkage
on the side of the transmission. Make sure that the
linkage isn't "over
center."  This will also effect when the PG shifts. If
that's OK check
the linkage
at the  engine for some interference. Spark plug wires
can get in the
way.

To sync the carbs, disconnect the linkage on the
driver's side carb.
Adjust
the carbs with the idle speed screws, make sure you
hold the driver's
side
carb  closed since it's not connected to the return
spring. Finally,
adjust the
linkage on the driver's side carb, what you
disconnected earlier, so it
just
slips into the cross shaft arm. Done...

Ned

Now here is a new Corvair who needs assistance and who
is more than
willing
to pay a fee. That alone is reason enough that he
should be helped and
NOT
charged when he attends the Charlotte show. This is
tech session
material
and an impromptu session can hopefully solve the carb
problem and maybe
teach a few old members something in the process.
Let's make sure that
Danny
is helped and no fees are involved. We need new
members and Danny is
a rookie :-)

Chuck Armer

Thanks You fellows, and Tony as well,
A newbie and rookie I am indeed. In fact if it were
not for Spence, and his shop in Matthews(Correcting
some of my mess-ups) I would not even be able to make
it to the show.(God Bless You, Spence.)
Without this Forum I would have never found any help,
I kid you not. Nobody knows much about the Vair in my
little town(Haw River, NC), so Wilma would still be in
mothballs, so to speak.
My point is that newbies like myself, need to also
bring something to the table, so to speak. Likely not
the insight of the long-time members, but something.
So, if you kind gentlemen will not accept payment, I
must be allowed to make a donation to CORSA (And any
other affiliation), on your behalf.
It's the least I can do and maybe even start a new
trend. (Just a thought though)
Anyhow, Many Thanks!!! You People are Wonderful!!!
Danny Barber