Fwd: <VV> Moving battery to the trunk

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 10:37:07 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/18/2006 8:41:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
eandp at mindspring.com writes:

> To better balance the car, my son and I are getting ready to move the
> battery on his 65 coupe from the engine carpartment to the trunk.

Travis,  Your '65 coupe really doesn't need to be balanced.  The potential
for problems with the long battery cable run (and voltage drop) are very high.
Your battery might last a year longer in the cooler trunk, but now you have to
protect things in the trunk from the battery.

A properly maintained stock '65 will handle very well--better than anything
else except the Corvette for a car of the '60's as certified by the DOT--and
certainly better than a lot of today's FWD cars.  (Unless you don't keep the
correct tire pressures).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier