<VV> Fuel Pump

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Oct 20 09:14:12 EDT 2006

The only fuel pumps that I have never had a failure on were the ones
from The Source. These are no longer in production though (because they
can't find a manufacturer to build them to the old specs and quality
levels.).

The next vendor pumps I've had the best luck with are from the
Underground. The failure rate is very low and Lon readily replaces any
failures... but I always carry a spare in any case.

I have had bad luck with Clark's pumps and very bad luck with pumps from
any other source (I think there are still a lot of those faulty pumps in
the general commercial system)

In general, I find the mechanical pumps to be more reliable than
electrics... but I am converting my Corsa to electric as I install my
Weber-carbed turbo engine. I'm using an in-tank setup from The Source.
Not cheap, but the nicest engineered setup I've seen.

Bill