<VV> Detonation woes

lloyd biggerstaff lloydscorvan at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 23:42:32 EDT 2006

My 1962 102 h.p. engine still has the detonation blues. No matter what I do to try and fix it, it still detonates from take off up until around 25 mph.I have installed colder plugs,retarded it to 8 degrees b.t.d.c, used octane booster and premium fuel together,  and drilled the mains out to .052. I am wondering if my distributor might be to blame? Is it possible to use another one from another engine that is not a 102 h.p. Since I have some spare ones laying around, is there a part # that is compatible? Thanks for all the suggestions from my past questions.