<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression engine

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Oct 23 16:41:35 EDT 2006

Lon Anderson sent me an email, said that all '65-6 110 glide w/ac had
the 24 degree plate on them. Since my a/c experience is mostly '67's, I
was not much aware of this. A third of my Corvairs were '67's, and a
third '66's, and a mixture in the last third. Most of the '66's w/air
I've had much experience with have been 140's, and I don't recall any
'65's w/air. So I learn something every day.... :o)

My experience with this latest engine is like yours. Will run on 87 with
little knock, but will diesel like a Mack. I write it off to the rotten
quality of gas these days, and have gone back to running premium in it.

-Mark