<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression engine

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 14:00:54 EDT 2006

 Just a couple additions, my '66 RU block 110 from the
LA Monza has the 24 degree timing tag. I think all
A.I.R. motors do, but I could be wrong. This same
motor was rebuilt with 95 heads and turned out to be a
very strong motor. It has always been well cared for,
but the original bottom end has never been apart and
has 229K on it. Still ran strong when the car was
wrecked. It was a standard 110 distributor and 51 jets
in the carbs. It had even more power with the 52s, but
wasn't getting as good mileage as I needed, and it was
my road runner at the time. I could run 87 octane, but
it would diesel at shutdown. It never pinged. I ran
regular old points with Bosch W8AC's. If you build
one, you'll like it too.

 Mike
 YS-117

 PS - I had an original '67 110/PG/AC motor as well,
that's still alive in another car. It was a good
motor, but had run hot most of it's life and had lost
some of it's power. It had approx 150K on it. I
inherited it with a burned exhaust guide and swapped
out a head, but otherwise it was a pretty good motor.
Burned oil over 65mph, but was reliable.