<VV> Distributor....180 Degrees off

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 18:11:28 EDT 2006

  I'm learning :)

  If I feel pressure, the piston is either coming up from the
  bottom of the intake stroke or coming up from the
  bottom of the power stroke.

  Since I don't know which, I'm looking for vacuum. When I feel
  vacuum, the piston is pulling in mixture to compress, and
  therefore the _next pressure_  I feel is that of the
  compression stroke.

  I'll Keep rotating the Harmonic balancer (CCW) until the timing
  marks line up and I'll almost certainly be at TDC unless I've
  made some gross error of judgment :)

  Having said all that, I think Padgett has made an excellent point,
  namely, the harmonic balancer maybe installed without the
  woodruff key and 180 out.

  Regards,

  Tony