<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression engine

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Oct 24 11:43:48 EDT 2006

I think Tony is right here.  There is no tumble or swirl in the small
valve, bowl shape chambers due to the design of the intake ports and
the shape combustion chamber.  At least with the 94/110 heads, the
squish area in the head was an attempt to induce tumble into the
mixture.  I think one reason the big bore engines are so octane
tolerant is the un-shrouding of the valves on the 140 heads induces
some swirl to the intake mixture and the greater squish area induces
more tumble promoting a faster burn.
Jim Davis