<VV> No Corvair -- Anyone in Arizona?

Ron ronh at owt.com
Tue Oct 24 19:24:18 EDT 2006

"Eastern Oregon is an unrelenting and uninteresting desert"

This is absolute garbage as our local club (Columbia Basin Corvairs) has on
several occasions taken a days tour to Lehman Hot Springs in northeastern
Oregon.  The scenery going down Highway 395 is beautiful and then after
turning east it goes into forests and streams and is well worth the tour.
At Lehman, we swam in the hot pool with snow falling which is a really
unique experience.  The pool, by the way, is surrounded by tall pine trees
as is the entire area.  You could look in vain for any desert.  When we
continue south on 395 to California, the trip has always been scenic and
interesting with nary a spot of desert.  Some plains or rolling hills, but
no desert.  And yes, I've driven it in a Corvair on the way to the Fan Belt
Toss, several times.
RonH