<VV> No Corvair -- Anyone in Arizona?

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Oct 24 17:33:26 EDT 2006

It is funny how stereotypes stick to a place.  Arizona is a MOUNTAIN
state, not a DESERT state.  Arizona has more pine trees than Oregon
does.  Arizona has less desert than Oregon does.  But everyone
pictures AZ because they usually see Phoenix.  They picture Oregon
because they see the coast/Portland.  Almost nobody knows the mountains of AZ.

Flagstaff is at 7,000+ feet.  It rarely exceeds 80 degrees ever.  It
can get over 10 feet of snow there.  And it certainly gets well below
freezing in the winter.

  Where I am (Camp Verde which is near Sedona) is a compromise
between Phoenix and Flagstaff, not as hot and not as cold.  Some of
the best weather in the world, and quick access to the worlds largest
Ponderosa forest, lakes (water ski, jet ski, house boats, etc),
skiing (yes, we have ski slopes), fishing, hunting (elk, deer,
turkey, antelope, bear, mtn. lion, etc).  BTW -- AZ has more boat
registrations than Oregon as well.  And the beach is only a few hours
away from Phoenix (Rocky Point in Mexico).

Eastern Oregon is an unrelenting and uninteresting desert ... with a
nice coastline.

Ah well, I should shut up and let everyone think we are nothing but
scalding desert and rattlesnakes and rednecks, else you would all
want to move here :-)

Eric

At 01:39 PM 10/24/2006, you wrote:

>In a message dated 10/24/2006 1:18:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>donald.l.eyermann at boeing.com writes:
>
>Nah,  just erratic, not daily. And spotty, not throughout the entire
>valley. It  rare, only a few timnes a year where the whole valley has
>rain. And usually  we're pretty thankful when it happens.
>
>Here it's like, you get up, walk  outside in the morning, squit and say,
>"DANG, another nice day, wish we  could get some weather for a few hours
>to break the monotony."
>
>or,  "WOW ! Look at those clouds, boy we're finally gonna get some rain !
>I can  see it's already raining over in __(some other local community)_
>!"....uh  oh...."They're just blowing over us...DANG....just a tease."
>

>Now, that sounds like the summer rain coming in from Mexico--cumulus
>drifting in, then coalescing to make cumulonimbus (thunderheads)--the end of
>comfortable 100+ temperature with practically no humidity and the
>beginning of  nasty
>summer heat like say Detroit, f'rinstance.
>Having experienced both Detroit and Phoenix (not to mention Los  Angeles).
>Scotty

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

Note the change in the domain from vicspdi.com to vicsmba.com !!!!

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

http://www.vicsmba.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/corvairs.html

My younger brother Martin has started a very serious car company.  A
hot rod (very fast) electric roadster is the first offering.  The
chassis is built by Lotus to their specs.  Check it
out:  http://www.teslamotors.com