<VV> Failure Analysis

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 12:53:43 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/25/2006 9:47:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

The  mounting bolt was firmly holding the retaining tab which had come un
welded  from the governer.  We slipped another governer on and were under way in
a matter of minutes.  I know I haven't heard of and seen everything but  this
failure was a new one for me.

Smitty - As the years wear on, I'm sure we will see failures of things that
had never failed before on our Corvairs. At 45 years old, things started going
 wrong with me that had never happened before. (I'm now 59) I guess we can't
expect the cars to do much better, especially when they can't diagnose
themselves and they depend on us for care and maintenance. -  Seth