<VV> Re: TV Ad with Greenbrier

C. Raia c_raia at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 12:52:16 EDT 2006

Very cool! Is this getting aired on TV?

We got a call a couple of weeks ago from someone
wanting an old car for a commercial. They were going
to pay us $200 for a few hours, so we said yes. We
showed up on a residential side street in town very
early on a cold Sunday morning, and sat around for a
while as the film crew started setting up. It was to
be a commercial for New Balance shoes, though the odd
thing (to us) was that they were filming it on
spec--they didn't actually have a contract for the
commercial.  They asked if the actors could lounge
across the hood of the car, and we said no. How 'bout
sitting on the back, on the luggage rack? No again.
Leaning *against* the car would be OK, but we didn't
want anyone sitting on top of it. The producer finally
came up to us and said our restrictions didn't meet
his vision for the commercial so they were going to
use someone's old Volvo instead. He paid us $80 for
our trouble and we drove off. It's an interesting
business.

Celia Raia