<VV> Garage (no Corvair)

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Fri Oct 27 09:17:35 EDT 2006

> The only thing wrong in your picture is the location of the garage. It
> is supposed to be built on my land!

Sorry we goofed!  :)

> As far as a boiler, you can run a domestic hot water heater (depending
> on outside temp factors) if you are not trying for 75? indoor temps for
> your cars. Of course you better insulate those walls first!

Frank, JR also suggested this.  I am planning on insulating the crap out of the place before any boiler goes in. I think a comfortable temp for working on cars is 60 deg.  That's cool for sitting around but if you're working, you're moving, and that should be fine.  So maybe I should look into the idea of using a water heater and circulating pump.  If I went that way, I would probably want to fill the system with a solution containing RV antifreeze or something similar, so that if the system failed I wouldn't end up with a bunch of broken pipes.

I have a lot to learn before this system will be going into use.

Norm