<VV> Garage (no Corvair)

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Oct 27 21:19:19 EDT 2006

Norm Witte wrote:

>  I think a comfortable temp for working on cars is 60 deg.  That's
> cool for sitting around but if you're working, you're moving, and that
> should be fine.

Yes it should be.

> So maybe I should look into the idea of using a water heater and
> circulating pump.  If I went that way, I would probably want to fill
> the system with a solution containing RV antifreeze or something
> similar, so that if the system failed I wouldn't end up with a bunch
> of broken pipes.

Lucky for you the PEX tubing is more freeze damage resistant than metal
or hard plastic (pvc, cpvc) pipe. A 15% glycol solution probably will be
sufficent to keep you out of trouble, but do check with the locals to
see what they recomend. But, then you cannot keep the system connected
to your potable water supply, I think.

For a lot more information on steam and hydronic heat see:

heatinghelp.com

Dan Holohan's web site. One of the best on the web for water heating help.

> I have a lot to learn before this system will be going into use.

For a lot more information on steam and hydronic heat see:

heatinghelp.com

Dan Holohan's web site. One of the best on the web for water heating help.

> Norm

Frank DuVal