<VV> engine Rebuild planning stage

phil.wiley at insightbb.com phil.wiley at insightbb.com
Sat Oct 28 08:46:06 EDT 2006

I would like to get some feedback on the following engine build. I have access to a NOS 304 cam. I am considering the following for a 66 Conv. It will a 4 speed, 3:27 rear-end, 13" tires and wheels. I have a set of 140 and 110 heads. Is this cam a good selection for the combination listed? I want a good highway cruiser, that can easily run 70 MPH with room to pass. Anyone with experience with this combination using the 140 or the 110 heads would be appreciated. Would an after-market cam work better?