<VV> VV Cold draft above kick panels

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sat Oct 28 09:10:12 EDT 2006

"...I''ve had fair luck with "rope caulk" available from  weatherstrip
departments. However, the most recent repair on my 65  sedan failed
big time when the caulk separated from the sheet  metal.  The stuff
seemed rather dry and stiff at the  time..."

The rope caulk works extremely well, provided both surfaces are  reasonably
clean, and the rope caulk is fresh. The same could be said about any  sealer
used. From an earlier post:

I use Cord Weather strip, MD Building Products, Gray, #71548. Available at
Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. No BS, I've been using it (or FridgeKing)) for
35-years, and it works great. It is compatible with the seam sealer material
originally used by the General, so no need to remove every last bit of the  original
material. Why look elsewhere?... a roll costs a couple of bucks.

Now, if you want to hear about the best engine shroud aerosol paint, and it
"ain't" BBQ paint.

Mike Mauro