<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 21, Issue 107

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Oct 28 10:53:30 EDT 2006

>  While I agree that many details are not correct on this car

Most glaring one (though might be the photo angles) is "where is the
differential dipstick ?" I see the PG and oil dipsticks but a 65 should
also have the differential dipstick that was dropped for 66 & later. This
makes me wonder about the provenance of the drivetrain particularly when
part of the price is for "Original".

Also, having grown up on the Florida coast, you need to look for signs of
high rust (window moldings and such) from salt spray rather than the low
rust (floors) you find in the north. Now this is usually not as bad for the
Gulf coast but you still need to look in different places suc as under the
dash.

Personally, I would never buy a Florida coast car without careful
inspection. Turned down quite a few in the search for my convertible but
then I had much less to spend.

Padgett