<VV> Covair Sales Prices

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Oct 28 14:28:08 EDT 2006

Guys
I didn't read the whole thread.
What I do know is unfortunately our cars are heading up in price, too high.  And Barrett Jackson is one of the causes.

Did you know--
In the bidders area at Barrett Jackson (I believe it now costs 350.00 for a pass to be in the bidders area) the liquor/beer/wine is all free??

A LOT of the prices going for Any car offered at Barrett/Jackson is the result of bottled ego.  I'm willing to bet there's MUCH buyer's remorse and hangovers the next morning while the autction goes on.

Sometimes the combination of excessive alcohol with higher than average income plays out to "let's see who has more money" than the actual worth of the car.

67 Mustang--stock 80K?  No Way!

Best deal at this year's auction was a 49 Chrysler T/C convt bought over the phone by former HW champ George Foreman.
He gave 48K.  See them in hemmings every month for 80K, and it was a SWEET woody CVT.

Sure, I expect Monza Turbo Spyders and Spyder CVT's, as well as their CORSA cousins, to start bringing in higher dollars, but OUR cars always seemed to just rise in price with inflation.

If B/J convinces more people that corvairs are worth big bucks,
some of us are sitting on gold mines.

Hank