<VV> self-adjusting brakes retrofit Q

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 29 07:39:03 EST 2006

--
Bob H wrote-
           Steve,
           The adjustment mechanism no longer uses the slots in the backing plates.  New
           adjustment slots are in the brake drums which you should also change.
           Regards,
           Bob Helt
--

Last time I shopped for drum brake parts I bought name brand rubber plugs for adjuster slots in the drums.  After a few abusive days the plugs were just black stains flowing outward on each frum face.
I replaced them with metal ones that did not seal very well, but took the heat fine.

Dan Timberlake