<VV> What is up with car sellers these day? RANT!!!

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Sun Oct 29 18:28:51 EST 2006

So, since I have been actively shopping for a decent driver, with a
fair amount of cash in hand, I have been stunned and amazed at the
IDIOTS I have run across.

Example 1:

A two sentence description on Craig's list for a 64 Sedan with
A/C.  NO CONTACT INFO!?!! What's up with that?  So Craig's list has a
way to email them, and they forward it to the seller, which I do.  I
ask for more detail, and specifically if the A/C works.  No
answer.  Every 3 days I email again. I send my phone number and ask
for the sellers.  12 days later, after 5 emails to the moron, I get
an answer.  It says the A/C work fine and then parrots what the 2
sentence add said about the car.  It was a "reply to" my first
email.  And guess what, NOT CONTACT INFO.  Is this guy an idiot or
what?  So I email back.   Three days, no answer.  How does anyone
expect to sell a car?

Example 2:

ebay moron -- after 4 emails over 5 days, no response!!!  I left my
phone number, I asked for the sellers, of course the seller can reply
through ebay.  Nothing.  Are they trying to make a sale???  Morons.

It fries me to be a willing and able buyer with cash in hand, and
simply be unable to consummate a deal because of stupid
sellers!!!!  Even better the people asking three times what a car is
worth call me back and nag me, even after I say no.  For example, a
nice 64 vert in CA.  Has not run in 7 years!  Top was sliced by
vandals.  Gas tank has hole in it.  Brakes gone.  Rust is
"superficial."  Upholstery and carpet ruined by water and
time.  Tires rotted.  Wants $7,500 for it.  yeah, right.  I was born
at night, just not last night.   They call me 3 times a week and I
say NO NO NO leave me alone, and then they call again.

It could be, I suppose, that these people with decent prices on
decent cars don't actually want to sell their car?  I had one, I
"bought" the car, and for a month, every time I made an appointment
to pick up the car, the seller had an excuse why I could not come by
that day.  The truth finally came out -- his wife wanted to sell, he
did not.  Apparently telling the wife it was sold, and then jerking
my chain, kept his marriage together.  Great.

I know I'll find the right car eventually :-)  Did not know it would
be so painful.  Every Corvair I ever bought in the past was "an
accident" -- meaning I tripped across it and decided to buy it ...
and so they were mostly pleasant affairs.  It is much harder when one
actually wants to buy something!!!!

EOR (End of Rant)

Eric

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

Note the change in the domain from vicspdi.com to vicsmba.com !!!!

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

http://www.vicsmba.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/corvairs.html

My younger brother Martin has started a very serious car company.  A
hot rod (very fast) electric roadster is the first offering.  The
chassis is built by Lotus to their specs.  Check it
out:  http://www.teslamotors.com