<VV> 67 Doors and The Last Straw

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 18:57:35 EST 2006

So, it's Fiday afternoon around 5 PM, a long week is
neary over, but a three hour drive through a high
traffic area, is in store. None the matter cause I am
on my way to get a pair of used and rare, 67 doors.
Passing 2 backups, caused by some fender benders, and
all is still good.
Finally made it, and it was dark, but all is still
good. Loaded the doors, and was talking with the
gentleman who sold them to me. We talked a bit long,
so it was after midnight before I got to leave.
With little more than 3 hours away from home, I am so
thirsty, and still it does not matter, cause I have a
pair of 67 doors.
Arrive at home 3:30 in morning and literally fell in
the bed. Saturday morning comes early, when you got to
be to work at 7 AM, and I am one tired puppy, but
still all is good, cause I have them doors in the
back, safe and secure. Get home Saturday afternoon,
and you guessed it, had to get out the doors to sand
them down for a good primer coating. All excited cause
finally something has went right.
WAIT, how could I be so stupid to think that this odd
year car would not take the chance to pee in my face
again... I should have known better, as things have
continued to be a steady flow of urine in my face.
So, I have traveled the distance, and made it back
home, with a set of 66 doors, yes 66 doors. Although,
being assured they were 67's before I even went after
them, they were not. Before you even think it, NO,
they will not fit, and 67 is the only year that will
fit a 67. Basically because of the hole locations for
the hindge holes are different than other years, and
the hindge itself is different.
I never minded enduring the countless hours of
re-doing the car, even despite the fact that the only
people I trusted to work on her, damaged part after
part. True, the last fellow damaged the least, but
still new door sills are expensive, and I really
wished I had been given back my old parts as I
requested. However, that didn't bother me as much as
losing the left rear brake light's operation, after
completely rerunnuing the new wire harnesses, bulbs,
sockets, housing, lenses, trim rings and all, just
three months back, to solve this brakelight problem. I
have done things twice so many times that my mind is
slipped into a state of insanity.
I know people say you don't just own one Corvair, but
these people don't know me, cause this is not only my
first, but my last. After now having 0ver 27K in her,
and still don't have her painted and such, I am done.
I did mention the insanity, didn't I???
I am not sure at which manner of destruction I will
use, but rest assured, this 67 will not turn up to
haunt another person, ever again.
Rather than spill out all the things that led to this
insanity, I would just sum it up to say, that this was
just a failed experiment, miserably failed at that.
I have enjoyed the accompolishhments, but not
repeatedly having to do things more than once, and
sometimes due to to other's mishaps, time and time
again.
I live where I have no one I can trust to do anything
to her, and frankly I am tired of the constant
heartbreaks.
I should have known though, as it began as a disaster,
and I kid you not. All you have to do is go to EBay,
click on my screenname(LastHamlet), and click on my
reviews and guides, cause I have only wrote one guide,
so it will be easy. That tells how it began, and in
looking back, those were the good days, when I still
had my sanity.
I have now drawn a line in the sand to preserve my
sanity, so the next steps I take, and though I am not
sure what manner of insane revenge I will take, will
be most rewarding. Well, rewarding is a backwards way
of saying it, but satisfaction would be a better one.
I would like to thank all who helped me, and there are
some grand people here, and in the Corvair Clubs, but
I would like to bid you all, a fond farewell.

All The Best Regards,
Danny Barber
R.I.P. Wilma