<VV> Antique Fiero (also a rear-engined cult car)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Oct 29 22:37:13 EST 2006

Have you ever seen PA in the winter? (Or for that matter, ANY rustbelt
state.) Around here, we don't just "spread" salt. We PAVE the roads with
it. Even Ed Cole, when he debated Ralph Nader on national TV, described
PA salting (2 pounds per running foot) of the road as a "vicious" amount
of salt. And that was back in the '70's!!! Plus it's only gotten worse
since the Corvair was built. Nowadays, we can turn a NEW blacktop road
pure white with salt, as if it had been freshly coated with pure white
stucco, obliterating even the yellow center stripes. The salt trucks hit
the roads at the first sign of a snowflake, and spread it so thick that
they often leave piles of it on the road.

So yes, 18 years old would qualify it as an antique. IF it last that
long, it DESERVES to be one.

-Mark (in the middle of the rustbelt)