<VV> Re: WRINKLE PAINT i just woke up...

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Oct 30 07:29:21 EST 2006

the 2 very important  issues of a good wrinkle paint job are the  temperature
(constant!) and the timing between the 2 coats. you need it good and  warm,
warm the can also and shake the heck out of it. i have done many  very good
looking wrinkle jobs on parts and radio panels for a long time. then  don't mess
with it for a couple days. it takes a long time to harden well.
with patience it will look very good.  i saved junk pitted dashes and  other
parts with wrinkle paint jobs over the years. the spyder dash in my rampy  is
a good example.  it was pure trash before i painted it.so was the glove  box
door.  heck even my carbs are wrinkle painted for over 6 months now...i  think
pictures are at the website somewhere.. corvair.de/n2vzd
regards, wrinkle tim