<VV> [Fwd: brake drum removal]

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Tue Oct 31 16:07:23 EST 2006

These two methods sacrifice the drum, but not sure it is salvageble anyway.

If it wasn't a '64 drum with all the fins you could just beat around the outside with a big hammer, backed up with a bigger hammer on the other side.  the most direct route would be to use a torch to cut the flat face of the drum away from the ring portion, giving direct access to the shoes.

Heating the drum red hot in the areas it contacts the shoes might cause them to pop loose, but not sure if I would use the drum after that.

Terry Kalp