<VV> Re: Positraction

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 1 10:03:44 EDT 2006

My comment was a bit "tongue in cheek"... we had a busted diff in an
otherwise perfect Stinger at the Yenko 40th this summer... but in some
other marques they run fully welded (locked) diffs... which look like a
posi when you're spinning the wheels like I suggested...

The easiest way to make sure a diff isn't busted is to see if it drives
correctly... a broken diff will make itself known very quickly.

The other way is to override the posi clutches... if you lock one wheel
to the ground and turn the other with about 100 ft/lbs (easier said than
done) then you replicate the car turning a tight corner. The posi clutch
packs should slip and allow you to turn the wheel with the other
stationary. A busted (or locked) diff doesn't.

Sounds like your car is normal with a posi...especially if your rear
brakes are adjusted correctly giving you just a very slight drag...
you're turning a lot of stuff as well.

Bill