<VV> Points

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Sep 1 11:03:38 EDT 2006

>  Points should last more time working on 6 Volts instead of 12 Volts.
> Think on volts like on pressure. A cheap garden hose could work easily at
> 60 psi but, at 120 psi it will fail in a short time.

Like anything else, there are good points and there are cheap points (I
used to prefer Sorenson cross-cuts). Points and rotor was also part of a
tuneup along with plugs and usually did every 10,000 miles. I also change
the filter at every oil change.

And it is the arc that forms when points open that burns the contacts. I
used to keep a points file handy but rarely needed it. All the fault of Eli
the Ice man (Willie the barber's cousin).

Padgett