<VV> LM Wood Grain Steering Wheel

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 11:42:02 EDT 2006

I would like to restore my cracked '65 wood grain steering wheal.  I  plan on
cleaning up the exposed metal rod, painting it and filling the gaps with  an
epoxy mixture that has been dyed to match the rest of the wheel.  Is  this a
good way to go.  I've seen several different examples of repair,  some better
than others, but have no idea what the problems may be.   Assuming I keep the
car covered or in a garage should I expect to see a lot more  shrinkage of the
original material?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Greenbrier