<VV> fuel tank replacement

Tom St.Amand lumppytom at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 2 21:28:04 EDT 2006

I have a LM and I am having difficulties in getting the fuel tank back into
it's proper place. I am looking for suggestions. I have tried as the service
manual suggests to slide it up left side first but I am always getting hung
up somewhere. I should mention I am trying to do this solo, can it be done
this way or is it going to take a second person guiding the filler tube
through the maze?  The steering column is now off the car. (That is how the
whole fiasco got started the new two piece shaft was rubbing on the filler
hose return.)  should I get the steering column back in before the tank goes
up to check for a problem fit or will it just get in the way worse and give
me more headaches.

Thanks,
Tom St. Amand
65 Corsa