<VV> fuel tank replacement

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 3 01:14:40 EDT 2006

Should be a piece of cake without the steering column there.  Do I sound
like Matt?

Anyway, try this...   leave the filler hose and upper metal portion off.
Jockey everything into place and get the straps attached - should be able to
do solo, but help is always a plus.  Once the tank is more or less in place
(can tighten later), install the upper portion of the filler, it will be
tricky to work in a tight place, but not as bad as it could be with the
steering column out of there.

You may have to move the clamps around a bit when you do the column, so
don't crank down on them as just yet.  As the column goes in, see where the
best spot will be to tighten the clamps later and position them
appropriately.  Some liquid laundry detergent will make things a bit easier
to move around on the hoses.

My take, others may have better suggestions.

Later, JR

Past, present and future posts to Virtual Vairs by this writer are for the
private use of Virtual Vair members only.  Reproduction, including
archiving, outside of the Virtual Vairs is specifically prohibited.  This
prohibition includes any portions of this writer's message which may
have been included in a response message by another VV member.