<VV> fuel tank replacement

norman.witte at comcast.net norman.witte at comcast.net
Sat Sep 2 21:39:48 EDT 2006

Tom, where I had problems is with the filler neck wanting to get jammed up in the wheelwell and not fit into its hole.  The solution for me was to loosen the clamps on the filler neck connecting hose so that I could move it into place a little easier.  I also made sure the filler neck was as far down the connecting hose as possible.  As long as the clamps are lined up right, it is easy to tighten these two clamps once the tank is in the car.  I don't know whether getting the steering column in after the tank is a problem but I do know that the tank will go in without the steering column removed.  When I put my tank in I had my son help guide the neck into place.

Don't forget to invoke the Words of Power, such as "Go, you blankety blank piece of blankety blank!" as you attempt to manuever the tank into place above your head.  It will fit.

HTH

Norm Witte

From: "Tom St.Amand" <lumppytom at hotmail.com>