<VV> Gas tank access

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Sun Sep 3 11:13:00 EDT 2006

Some people can install a gas tank with the filler hose attached.  I never
could so I put the bare tank in first then connect the hoses.  As disgusting
as this sounds to the Corvair purists, I get out my sabre saw or
reciprocating saw and cut out the inner fender panel that covers the hose
clamp area

This is probably a good option if you are attempting the job laying on your
back with the car on jack-stands (been there, done that!).  But with a lift
(The best $1500 I EVER spent!)....getting the tank in with the filler
attached isn't as difficult as cutting that "inspection hole".

"Purism" be damned...at the end of the day....whatever works is the way to
go!

John
67 Monza Convertible