<VV> oil pressure drop

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 3 13:54:05 EDT 2006

Here's a new one for me:
I'm working on a car, a '64 Monza cpe 110/pg and in test driving it I've noticed it loses oil pressure on turns, mostly right hand. The first time it happened, I pulled over right away to check the oil level. It was about 1qt down, at the "add" line. In my experience, they don't do that until at least 2qts down. It was extremely easy to make it lose pressure just pulling a right hander at normal turning speed. The lifters started clacking a few times and the oil light came on once. I normally suggest running 1/2qt down, so the safety margin seems to be very thin on this car.
Can any known problems cause this?

yea, Vairily ... Shaun