<VV> Undercoat interior floor pan?

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sun Sep 3 15:30:14 EDT 2006

I wouldn't trust the "rust-killer" spray.  I've had mixed result using that
stuff.  Rub it really hard, or give it a light sanding with #220 or #320 and
see if it is really sticking to the floor pan.

POR 15 is much more tenacious.  Or if you like, I suppose a good Rustoleum
product would do as well, and is certainly a lot cheaper.  Once you are sure
primer is solid, then go ahead and undercoat it, but you have got to be
certain that you are not just undercoating rust or moisture.  It will
definitely come back to haunt you.

I would not recommend undercoating inside the cabin under any circumstances.
Any good paint will do, although I like epoxy in that situation.  (POR 15 is
basically epoxy paint.)

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
66 Monza Cpe