Fwd: <VV> Undercoat interior floor pan?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Sep 3 13:58:54 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/3/2006 1:46:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
alohaz at comcast.net writes:

I wire  brushed the rust that was there and then prepped the cleaned up metal
with a  "rust killer" spray and now need to decide how to surface the floor
pan.

I'd use an oil based primer and paint it before using any  undercoating.  A
lot of people swear by products like POR 15, but I have no  personal experience
with it yet.  Also, I see no need for any undercoating  within the passenger
compartment because moisture will find its way  inside.  But I do use it on
the underside of wheel wells and other areas  exposed to splash to protect the
painted areas from thrown stones.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier