<VV> ulterior motives, reasonable design goals

Devin devin at valleyautomotivesupply.com
Sun Sep 3 15:02:23 EDT 2006

I'd have to agree completely.  The domestic manufacturers have effectively
cut their own throats.  They may be able to turn it around, but it would
take some drastic changes I don't think are likely to happen.  I do own an
01 Suburban, only becuase you can't put 3 car seats in the back of anything
else.  I had a 69 Suburban that I liked better, but it was too rusty, as
that body style is known so well for.  Aside from the Sub, everything else
we own is 72 and earlier.  I vary which vehicle I drive depending on the
needs of the day, but I routinely put 2-300 miles a week on vehicles at
least 30 years old.  All but 1 get 20+ mpg and are far more fun to drive
than some late model egg.

Devin