<VV> Re: [fastvair] Fire and Ice update

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 3 17:52:11 EDT 2006

Jim Dallas put on quite a good show himself.   Took top honors in the
biggest class at the event - IS-5 , beating two Yenkos and a few other well
prepped late models.   Jim used a 64, just because.  His morning runs were
spent looking for the limit,  which he usually managed to exceed.  180s do
not make for good times.  Jim's best time was a 84.808.  A tad slower than
Landers best track time but a second faster on this day.  Rob Landers was
second in IS-5 with a 85.979.  Rob Bradley well prepped Corsa was third (a
86.01 i think) with Bob Dunahugh's stinger a tad slower at 86.179.

Ned Madsen of "GoNedRacingTeam" fame,  won IS-3 in his 65 coupe with a
89.518.

Dusty Bradley -- driving the flexi-flyer -- ran a 82.629 on old goodyear
slicks.  I was the first to tell him that new tires will have him beating
me, easily. the car is good,  and its much lighter than the #3.  Dusty can
drive too.

Check the ICE web site in coming weeks.  hopefully the full slate of times
will be posted.   I only wrote down those above -- my competition, past (68
Sprint) and present (#3 car)

Terry Shepard won the mowing competition.   Rob landers did a nice 360 that
almost won him that honor,  but Terry was driving his IS-2 car aggressively.
He had more than a few 180s on the day.  Terry,  as did all the competitors,
had a big smile on their face at the end of the day.  The iowa kart track is
a great mini road course -- without that loooong straightaway.

oh.  my fastest time was a mere 81.498.  7 tenth slower that last fall.  May
need to have Jim drive my car again so one of us will it that magical 78
time.  Track record for a Corvair is 78.068.  I think the car is capable --
the driver just needs IT.

tim mahler
62,68 Fitch Sprint
#3 Goodwrench car