<VV> valve adjusting

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 13:39:37 EDT 2006

slowboat at mindspring.com writes:
> I had no idea that some members of this forum had such strong fingers that,
> when oily, they could turn a pushrod against a bottomed-out (collapsed)
> lifter

That's exactly what most of us are saying.....twisting /rotating is too
vague....many think that until the lifter STOPS the PR  from rotating..is the "0
lash" point...

If you use the paper / gauge /or finger on TOP of the rocker....EVERYONE then
knows EXACTLY where Zero is...

You need to remember many here are not experienced in adjust Hydraulics...

Same with Points.....many grew up with Electronics.....so it can be a mystery
until a method is explained that takes into account the "level of
understanding".

Matt