<VV> valve adjusting - humor

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 14:09:24 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/4/06 11:03:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:
>   I now believe that the concept of "adjust the valves while the car's
> running" might have originated from a Corvair owner watching "the friendly
> mechanic"

Actually for decades...99%  of automobiles were adjusted HOT  and Running!
per manual!!!

Think of the poor early V W Beetle /Bus owners doing their 1st "tuneup" that
was described in the "owners Manual" to be performed during each oil
change.......

The different metal's expansion rates and SOLID lifters required the engine
be COLD!........so even if adjusted when running..the next morning .... no
compression!...Try to figure that out after you've driven 100 miles since
adjusting the valves!!

Matt