<VV> GOOD NEWS UPDATE "FAST EDDIE MEADOWS"

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Mon Sep 4 14:58:59 EDT 2006

On the 12 o'clock news they did a report on the rescue of Ed.  A searcher riding a bicycle said he was riding on a trail.  His thinking was there was a trail up in back of the swap and on the other side of the swap was another trail.  He said maybe Ed was running tight on time and decided to take a short cut not realizing it was a swap.  So he rode his bike and he heard some splashing and he heard a HELP HELP HELP.  The bike rider called out, Are you one of the people searching for Ed Meadows.  The voice yelled back: "I AM ED MEADOWS".
The bikerider and another person found Ed in waist deep water.  They went in and got him out.  The news said that after he got out to the water he actually jogged with his rescuers to the open clearing where the Fire Rescue people were waiting.
The news also said that on the way to the hospital he said if you give me a piece of candy and some water, I can finish up my jog.  Asked how he survived, he said he drank the swamp water.
Those of you who know Ed, can certainly appreciate what he said and yelled.  That is Ed true to form and we are very relieved top hear this.
Unless anything else happens, thanks to all of you for the kind emails, phone calls and prayers!!!
Sarah