<VV> adjusting valves

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 4 15:44:17 EDT 2006

After much frustration trying to adjust valves, a friend suggested his
sure fire method. He has done many engines over the years, and has used
this method. I too finally found success with it, it's easy. just
measure from the top of the rocker stud to the top of the rocker nut, it
should be 7/32nds. Do them all this way. My engine sat for 15 years, and
had stuck valves and lifters. I adjusted the rocker nuts to this
measurement, and she now runs smooth and quiet with no clatter anytime.
Seems too simple, but it works for him and did so for me as well.

Paul Abel
Rochester NY
65 Monza sedan 110pg.